This creative review policy has been created to help ensure our advertising products deliver the best possible value for our advertising partners and theScore users. This policy provides a reference to what kind of ad content is acceptable on theScore app from our advertisers. All advertisers using theScore Campaign Manager are responsible for ensuring their ads and associated links within ads that direct users to content outside of publisher properties comply with applicable laws, statues, and regulations.
theScore reserves the right to reject, remove or request changes to an ad at its sole discretion for any reason.
This policy is subject to change at any time without notice by theScore Campaign Manager.
When advertisers create campaigns in theScore Campaign Manager, they will upload their own creatives, or use theScore Campaign Manager’s creative builder. Advertisers uploading their own creatives must abide by theScore’s creative specifications available at this link: https://www.thescore.com/advertisingspecs
theScore’s Ad Operations team will review all ad creative uploaded by advertisers to theScore Campaign Manager. The review process can take upwards of 24 to 48 hours. theScore’s Ad Operations team will review all elements of the ad content, including images, videos, text, and the landing page. Any violation of the theScore Campaign Manager’s Creative Review Policy will result in the disapproval of the ad content.
Repeated violations of theScore Campaign Manager’s creative review policy could result in disabling of an advertisers’ account.
If you feel your creative has been wrongly disapproved or your ad account has been mistakenly disabled, you can file a support ticket at this link: https://campaignmanager.thescore.com/contact-us
theScore Campaign Manager reserves the right to reject, approve or remove any ad for any reason, in our sole discretion, including ads that negatively affect our relationship with our users or that promote content, services or activities, contrary to our competitive position, interests or advertising philosophy.
General Content Requirements
For all creative uploaded to theScore Campaign Manager, the following general ad content requirements must be met:
- Ad content must directly relate to the content that appears on the landing page, and must clearly represent the company, product, brand, or service that is being advertised.
- Ad content must not be false, misleading, fraudulent, inaccurate, unfair, or contain exaggeration, unsubstantiated claims, spam, harmful code, or other disruptive content.
- Ad content cannot insult, harass, or threaten a user, or be vulgar, profane, abusive, defamatory, libelous, or otherwise objectionable.
- Ad content cannot contain hate speech based on race, sex, creed, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or language of an individual or group.
- Ad tags uploaded to theScore Campaign Manager cannot contain viruses, spyware, trojan horses, or malware of any sort. These tags also cannot force a full-page redirect that takes users away from theScore App without the user’s initiation.
- Ads must not violate the intellectual property rights of a 3rd party.
- Use of theScore’s name, logo or other brand features without prior approval is not permitted.
- Ads may not suggest the endorsement or partnership of theScore.
Prohibited Content Categories
Below is a list of products and services that are prohibited from advertising on theScore Campaign Manager:
- Adult and Sexual Content
- Violent or Shocking Content
- Profane Content
- Hate Content
- Illegal Content
- Illegal Drugs
- Illegal Gambling
- Drugs and drug paraphernalia
- Ads that capture Personally Identifiable Information (PII) from theScore users
- Ads directed at children under the age of 13
Restricted Content Categories
Some categories of products and services are allowed to advertise on theScore Campaign Manager but may be subject to further review and additional targeting or content restrictions. These categories are listed below:
- Political Content
- Religious Content
- Contests, Games of Chance, Legal Gambling, and Sweepstakes
- Ads relating to Pharmaceutical and Other Health-Related Products and/or Services